It is time to begin school very soon. Back to school means preparation for both, mums and kids. Mothers need to sort out things, organize and plan ahead of time to pack interesting lunch boxes, buy books and uniforms, find new ideas to get the kids to finish homework and much more.
The key is organizing. Here are some ideas to prepare beforehand;
- Prepare lunch bag cards for the week. You can make cards to go on the fridge with what has to be packed for each day of the week. This will save time and reduce daily stress of thinking what to prepare.
- Kids have a fluctuating routine during summer break. Start put them to bed earlier at least one week before school starts. This will help them to get into school routine easily.
- Prepare lists for what has to be sent to school esp. on the first day, like books, school supplies, lunch bag, any special item that the school had requested for. A separate list should be prepared for each child keeping in mind that a primary school student will have to carry different things as compared to your little one who is just beginning school.
- Find new and interesting ideas to motivate children to finish homework without a fuss. Surf the net and read some articles that will help and prepare you to deal with homework issues.
- Mark important school events and meetings on a calendar to avoid missing any special days.
- Reduce morning stress by preparing clothes and lunch bags at night. Set plates, spoons, cups, etc. for breakfast at night to avoid rush in the morning.
Planning ahead will make going back to school a pleasant experience!
Sign up for our monthly newsletter for tips, recipies, articles and more…..